As I sat listening to music this night, I drifted into some type of alternate state of being. The world around me drifted into a blur, and a feeling of complete euphoria entered into my body. I became completely aware of myself: every nerve ending and every cell inside my body seemed to be bursting with activity, and for a brief second it was as though I comprehended the very essence of life.
Occasionally music has such an effect on me as to put me into a state of trance. I don't know what it is like to reach Nirvana, but I imagine that it may be something like what I just described.
I once heard that Music is the language of the God. I feel there may be some truth to that. Music has the ability to communicate nearly any emotion imaginable to nearly any person from any culture. It matters not the language spoken by the listener.
Music has so much power, that even the deaf can appreciate and enjoy it. They literally feel the music. They feel the sound waves and the vibrations of the air around them. That is something those who can hear usually ignore, except for when around very loud bass tones. It is something that I believe we take for granted, and it is something I wish I was capable of being more cognitive of.
So not only does music emotionally affect the way one feels, but it physically and literally affects the listener as well. It has power nearly no other force I know of has.
I don't think I properly communicated the thoughts in my mind right now. All I can say is that I am in a world of awe, and the feeling that is rushing through my body at the moment is indescribable. Surely I am not alone in the way music effects me?
a blog post! I like it
ReplyDelete