The only
time I ever write things is when I am feeling depressed.
I think I
spent about eight minutes trying to figure out if that sentence should have an
"is" or an "are". Then I couldn't decide if that sentence
made sense at all. I finally gave up and came to the conclusion it didn't
really matter. I'm just going to write what comes to my head. A stream of consciousness.
I recently
had the opportunity to visit Rexburg, Idaho. Being back in Rexburg was one of
the most joyous feelings in the world. It was like returning home after a long
camping trip. That's the only way I know how to describe it. In many ways it
felt like I had never left. Yet, at the end of the week I knew I did not
belong. Being around my friends was amazing, yet in some strange way, not
supposed to be. I was graduated. They were in school. I was supposed to have a
job, and they were supposed to dedicate their time towards studying.
I feel like
Peter Pan most days, dreaming of a world in which we never have to grow up. I think I mostly just dream of a world where I know where I am going and what I am doing. I don't know either of those at the moment.
I scanned my
Patriarchal Blessing into my computer today. I got tired of trying to find it
and never having it when I needed it. I haven't read it in probably a year. For
whatever reason it's never been a high priority to me. Maybe because of how
long mine is. I never thought it was that long until today after I put it into
Microsoft Word.
I think most
people have this idea that having a long Patriarchal Blessing is somehow a
blessing in and of itself. To me though, it's just more expectations I have to
try and live up to. It's just one more thing on a list of already impossible to
fulfill duties. It leaves me with more questions than answers. That isn't to
say that I am not grateful for my blessing. I don't want to convey the wrong
emotion or idea. I just sometimes wish I knew what to do with it all. Sometimes I wish mine was as simple as that of my scout leaders. One of them had one that was two sentences long once you subtracted the standard opening and closing statements and declaration of lineage. I wouldn't mind that at all.
I only write
things when I am depressed. Maybe that's how I should have phrased it.
No comments:
Post a Comment