Maybe I'm an odd person. Okay, so I know I am, but I didn't think I was that odd. It seems to me all anyone ever thinks or talks about is dating or having a date or wanting to get a date or how they don't have a date.
While living with my last set of roommates I'm sure at least 85% of conversations were about relationships and the lack there of, and how to go about getting into one etc. It's like everything they did or thought about was consumed by the idea that there needed to be a girl with them. They always talked about how they could go do something way fun but there wasn't a point because there would be no cute girls there or they saw no potential in bringing a date. And don't get me started at how many times they flaked out because a)no girls or b)not enough girls or c)girls not up to their standards. It was kind of sad honestly.
This isn't confined to just my old roommates though. I see it all over the place and not just with guys.
Am I the only person who goes and does stuff because it's fun to do? Just today I was texting my friend who is going to have her first fall semester at BYU-I, and telling her about how awesome Rexburg is in October. Straw Mazes, Haunted Mill, Hot Chocolate, Pumpkin Carving, all that fun stuff.
"It would be fun if I had a cute boy to go with".
Is this really how people think? Am I missing something? Why can't you just go and have fun?
Izzy, I agree whole-heartedly with you. I think that is the ultimate problem: People are far too busy worrying about being in a relationship that they miss out on having fun -- which is probably what would lead them to a relationship anyways. You know what I mean?
ReplyDeleteAnyways, it gets worse after you start hanging out with the 25+ crowd. I think we all shoud just enjoy life instead of complaining about single-ness..
Thank you for posting. :)
very insightful. that sounds sarcastic, but I'm being serious. I AGREE!!!
ReplyDelete